Anthropologie Product Reviews | Round 2

7:47 PM

The first round of recent reviews can be found HEREFor all of the reviews, I am wearing Civico 10 Spigi Wedge Pump which you can BUY HERE.


Here is Bordeaux's Lorene Dress. This dress runs a little big. I'm wearing an XS and it really isn't snug or tight. It's a bit flowy and loose. The blue color doesn't really do anything for me, but they didn't have the black or the purple color. I really like the length, as it hits me just above my knee and the draping material. Not my favorite Anthro dress.

  
                  
This dress comes in blue, black and purple.

Wishlisted in purple or black.

Bordeaux Lorene Dress  |  Style# 19429249  |  Blue  |  XS  |  $138  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Lightweight material, flowy, dressed up or down, draping material, neckline, length
Cons: A bit loose, not tight, does nothing for the figure if you're smaller
Verdict: B-
Full price or sale?: Sale, and I would need to try it on in purple or black




Here is Floreat's Manor Gates Dress. I have really wanted to try this dress on since I saw it in the July catalog, but it's been sold out. It just went on sale a couple weeks ago and there was one left at my local Anthro in my size. I'm SOOO glad I got to try this on. It fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. The material is so soft. The colors are so beautiful and the length hits me just at my knee. One of my favorite Anthro dresses ever!



This dress comes in a Blue Motif.

I grabbed this baby up!

Floreat Manor Gates Dress  |  Style# 18821462  |  Blue Motif  |  2  |  $89.95  |  Sold out online, call 800-309-2500
Pros: Color, length, material, EVERYTHING
Cons: None
Verdict: A+
Full price or sale?: I was so so lucky to find this dress on sale




Here is Parameter's D'armee Dress. I have been looking forward to trying this dress on as well. This dress is TTS. I'm wearing an XS. I like this dress because it's long sleeve, and I don't have anything like this in my closet. I could definitely see wearing this with some tights and boots. It zips up in the front so it is very easy to get on and off. The length is great as well. It hits just at my knee.



This dress comes in Khaki (which is actually an olive green).


In the second photo, I am wearing the British Poise Cincher which you can BUY HERE.

Wishlisted.

Parameter D'armee Dress  |  Style# 19113265  |  Khaki  |  XS  |  $138  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Soft material, zippered front, length, long sleeve, color, comfortable
Cons: None
Verdict: A-
Full price or sale?: Sale




Here is another Moulinette and Soeurs Dress. This dress is way too big. This is a size 2 and it's swallowing me alive. I didn't get a chance to try on the 0, but I think it would still be too big. I like the idea of the dress. I felt like I was going on a safari or something. The belt is really long and you guessed it, you have to button 2 sets of buttons to get this off and on. It was a pain. The length was good, as it hit the middle of my knee.

This dress comes in Khaki.

Back to the rack.










Moulinette and Soeurs Double-Breasted Shirtdress  |  Style# 19406404  |  Khaki  |  2  |  $128  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, length, concept
Cons: Too big and baggy, belt too long, too many buttons
Verdict: D+
Full price or sale?: This is a pass for me




Here is Maeve's Southward Shop Shirtdress. I've been really wanting to try this dress on as well. This dress fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. I have nothing negative to say about this dress. It's wonderful! I love the colors, the bird detailing, length, which is hits me just above my knee. This is another favorite Anthro dress!




This dress comes in Beige.

Definitely wishlisted!

Maeve Southward Shop Shirtdress  |  Style# 18823799  |  Biege  |  2  |  $128  |  Sold out online, call 800-309-2500
Pros: Color, cut, length, material, bird detail, EVERYTHING
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Full price with Bday discount




Here is Fleur Wood's Discovered Lace Dress. I have seen this on some bloggers and was looking forward to trying it on. This dress runs a little big. This is a size 2 and was the last one in the store. I really love the color and the lace detailing. If I find this in a 0 and it's a bit tighter on me, I will most likely purchase it. The length is a little high as it hits me above my knees, but it's still a great length for the dress. If you prefer something that shows of your curves, this isn't the dress for you as it lays straight.



This dress comes in Dark Grey.

Wishlisted, hoping to find a size 0 to try on.

Fleur Wood Discovered Lace Dress  |  Style# 18887281  |  Dark Grey  |  2  |  $79.95  |  Sold out online, call 309-3500
Pros: Color, length, lace detail
Cons: A little too big, need to size down, some might not like the straight look
Verdict: B+
Full price or sale?: Depends on how the size 0 fits me.




Here is Maeve's Time Gone By Dress. This dress fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. I really love the color and contrast of the black in the dress. I also love the ruffled bottom. I actually did some twirls in the dressing room! The belt is the perfect length; I just slightly tucked it in so it wouldn't stick out. The length is good as it hits just at the top of my knees.



This dress comes in Light Grey (which has a slight pink tone to it).

Definitely wishlisted.

Urban Outfitters has a similar dress HERE.

Maeve Time Gone By Dress  |  Style# 19395995  |  Light Grey  |  2  |  $128  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Length, color, black contrast, material, flowy, comfortable
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Full price with Bday discount




Here is Maple's Silken Stitches Dress. This dress runs a little big.There are no zippers since the dress is stretchy. I would size down to a 0. In the photo, I'm wearing a size 2. I really like the geometric pattern and the colors on the dress. The length is good as it hits just above me knee. The material is comfortable and stretchy.



This dress comes in a Green Motif.

Wishlisted, but would have to try on the size 0.

Maple Silken Stitches Dress  |  Style# 19232677  |  Green Motif  |  2  |  $168  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Colors, geometric pattern, comfortable, length, stretchy
Cons: A big big since there is no zipper and it's stretchy, might need to size down
Verdict: B+
Full price or sale?: Sale, but would need to try on the size 0.




Here is Moulinette Soeurs Stylist's Eye Dress. This dress fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2 Regular. I've been waiting so long to try on this dress. I love it! I love all of the colors and metallic shine on the bottom. The top is not as sheer as you would think, just a little. The length is good as it hits me just at the bottom of my knees. I think this would look gorgeous broken up with a belt.



This dress comes in Cream in Regular and Petite lengths.

Wishlisted.

Moulinette Soeurs Stylist's Eye Dress  |  Style# 19330141  |  Cream  |  2R  |  $168  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, metallic sheen on bottom, ruffles on top, length
Cons: None
Verdict: A-
Full price or sale?: Might be full price with Bday discount. It not, then I'm waiting for sale




Here is Sparrows Vapor Rise Dress. This dress looked so boxy on the hanger but it seriously fits like a glove. I'm in LOVE with this dress. It looks so professional. It fits TTS. I'm wearing an XS. I love the materials used and the high waistline. The length is on the longer side, as it hits below my knee. Another one of my favorite Anthro dresses!



This dress comes in a Black Motif.

Definitely wishlisted.

Sparrow Vapor Rise Dress  |  Style# 18770479  |  Black Motif  |  XS  |  $158  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, high waistline, length, comfortable, fit, professional
Cons: It looks boxy, but it's not
Verdict: A
Full price or sale? Full price




Here is Maeve's Awaiting Wings Dress. This dress fits pretty TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. The bottom was a little big, so I need to try on the size 0 to see if there's a difference. If you are between sizes, I would try both sizes on to see which one fits better. I like the colors, ruffles and detailing on the top. The length is good as it hits me just at the knee. The bottom of the dress is a little plain, but could be dressed up with a belt.



This dress comes in Taupe.

Wishlisted, but would want to try on the 0.

Maeve Awaiting Wings Dress  |  Style# 19396712  |  Taupe  |  2  |  $158  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, ruffles, pattern on top, length
Cons: Bottom a big big, try two sizes on
Verdict: B-
Full price or sale?: Sale, maybe even 2nd cut




Here is Fei's Refined Cord Dress. I LOVE this dress! It fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. Everything about this dress is great! The length hits me just at my knees. The weight is good for Fall, Winter and early Spring. The color is gorgeous as well. I will take 1 in every color please! This was featured in Anthro's Ever Green Holiday Party Fashion Show HERE.



This dress comes in Red, Grey and Navy.

Wishlisted in Red and Navy.

Fei Refined Cord Shirtdress  |  Style# 19325919  |  Red  |  2  |  $128  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, soft, material, length, fit
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Full price in 1 color, most likely Red. Then navy on sale.




Here is Moth's Hellebore Sweater Skirt. This skirt runs big. I am wearing an XS and it is just too big on me. I really love the color, the vintage detailing and the length, but it's just not working for me. The skirt is not lined and the material seems a little flimsy.





This skirt comes in Yellow.

Back to the rack.

I have paired it with Tabitha's Beaded Eglantine Cardigan, REVIEWED HERE.

Moth Hellebore Sweater Skirt  |  Style# 19514165  |  Yellow  |  XS  |  $118  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color and vintage detail, length
Cons: Runs way too big, smaller girls will be sized out
Verdict: D-
Full price or sale?: A definite pass for me

Tabitha Beaded Eglantine Cardigan  |  Style# 19112408  |  Grey  |  S  |  $128  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, length, fit, flower and beaded detailing
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale? The price is a bit high for a cardigan, so I will wait for sale








Here is the Painted Night Skirt. This skirt fits TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. I love the black and white detailing. It reminds me of a painting. The skirt hits just above the knee. I love the belt that comes with it as well. This can be dressed for work or a night on the town.




This skirt comes in Black.

I have paired it with Pilcro's Headwater Tee, REVIEWED HERE.

Painted Night Skirt  |  Style# 18899104  |  Black  |  2  |  $49.95  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Black and white detailing, belt, length, fit
Cons: None
Verdict: A-
Full price or sale?: Just bought this on sale

Pilcro's Headwater's Tee  |  Style# 18551382  |  Grey  |  XS  |  $29.95  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Colors, price, fit, length, ruffle detail
Cons: None, but some might feel that the ruffles add too much bulk
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: I'm searching for the grey, but won't be bummed if I don't find it








Here is Coquille's Layered in Slate Skirt. I LOVE this skirt. It fits so great! It's TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. I love the ruffles. It really makes the skirt interesting. The length is really great too. It hits just at my knee. You could wear this to work or dress it up for a night of the town. I'm so glad I tried this one on!




This skirt comes in Dark Grey.

Wishlisted.

I have paired it with Pilcro's Headwater Tee, REVIEWED HERE.

Coquille Layered Slate Skirt  |  Style# 19487024  |  Dark Grey  |  2  |  $88  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Light weight, ruffles, fit, length
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Most likely full price, unless I can wait for sale


Pilcro's Headwater's Tee  |  Style# 18551382  |  Grey  |  XS  |  $29.95  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Colors, price, fit, length, ruffle detail
Cons: None, but some might feel that the ruffles add too much bulk
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: I'm searching for the grey, but won't be bummed if I don't find it









Here is Edme and Esyllte's Field Skirt. This skirt is TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. The reason it looks so bulky is because of the Tee I'm wearing. It reminds me of the Circle the Globe Skirt. I love the color, length, EVERYTHING.





This skirt comes in Khaki (which is a green/grey) and Dark Grey.

Wishlisted in both colors.

I have paired it with Humbled Hydrangea Top, reviewed below.

Edme and Esyllte Field Skirt  |  Style# 19477041  |  Khaki  |  2  |  $78  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Length, color, fit, comfortable, versatile
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Full price since this will sell like hotcakes







Here is Moth's Flowing Cables Sweater Skirt. This skirt is HUGE. I am wearing an XS. Smaller women will be sized out in this. I really love the length, the sweater material and pattern, but this is just way too big. I felt like it was going to fall off. I would size down as much as possible since there is no zipper, it's slip on, and it's so stretchy.



This skirt comes in Taupe and Blue.

A definite pass for me.

I have paired it with a Tiny Mystery Tee, review below.

Moth Flowing Cables Sweater Skirt  |  Style# 19514306  |  Taupe  |  XS  |  $98  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, length, pattern of sweater material
Cons: WAY too big, size down as much as you can
Verdict: D-
Full price or sale: A definite pass for me


Tiny Mystery Tee  |  Style# 19266204  |  Grey  |  XS  |  $88  |  Not online yet
Pro: Sequins down front, comfortable, color, length
Cons: None
Verdict: B+
Full price or sale?: Sale.





Here is a Mystery Tiny Tee.  I love this tee. It fits TTS. I'm wearing an XS. I love the color, length and the sequins down the front of the top. For some, they might find this Tee to fit a little short. It hits just at my hips.

Wishlisted.















Tiny Mystery Tee  |  Style# 19266204  |  Grey  |  XS  |  $88  |  Not online yet
Pro: Sequins down front, comfortable, color, length
Cons: None
Verdict: B+
Full price or sale?: Sale.




Here is Field Flower by Wendy Reed's First Pick Cardi. I have loved this cardigan ever since I saw it in the November catalog. It fits TTS. I'm wearing an XS here, but would size up to a S. The length it a bit short; it hits just at the top of my hips, but I think sizing up with add a little more length (I hope). I think there is a lot going on with all the detailing, but I don't think I will ever find a cardigan like this again. It's definitely one of a kind. I love the soft pink, feminine color.



This sweater comes in Pink.

Wishlisted.

Field Flower by Wendy Reed First Pick Cardi  |  Style# 19183094  |  PInk  |  XS  |  $148  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Soft color, delicate, detailing, ruffles
Cons: Some might find this to be too short, too much going on
Verdict: B-
Full price or sale?: Definitely sale since it's way too much for a cardigan




Here is C. Keer's Humbled Hydrangea Top. I love this top. The color is purple and has polka dots and a flower detailing. The top fits TTS. I'm wearing an XS. The length is really good too. It hits me just at the middle of my hips. The v-neck is also not too low at all. I also love the draped/wrapped material in the front.




This top comes in a Grey Motif (which is actually purple).

Wishlisted.

C. Keer Humbled Hydrangea Top  |  Style# 19133164  |  Grey Motif  |  XS  |  $68  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, draped/wrapped material, flower detailing
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or sale?: Full price




Here is Maeve's Polynya Corset Top. This top is TTS. I'm wearing a size 2. I really like purple color with the pop of yellow from the ribbon belt. The length hits me just at my hips, so it could be too short on some. The textured detailing of the top gives it something extra.




This top comes in Purple.

I have already reviewed Porridge's Wildflowers In Flight Top HERE, which is almost the same exact top.

Wishlisted.

Maeve Polynya Corset Top  |  Style# 19432251  |  Purple  |  2  |  $88  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Color, textured look, pop of color from belt
Cons: Could be too short on some
Verdict: B
Full price or sale?: Sale or 2nd cut sale




Here is Sparrow's Au Fait Sweater. I fell in love right when I saw this in the store. It just looks so cute! It fits TTS. I am wearing an XS. I love the material and the brown polka dot trim. Swooning! The sleeves were a little loose on me, but not enough to not buy it.





This sweater comes in a Neutral Motif and Black.

Wishlisted in Neutral Motif.

Sparrow Au Fait Sweater  |  Style# 19018373  |  Neutral Motif  |  XS  |  $69.95  |  BUY HERE
Pros: Material, cut, length, polka dot details
Cons: None
Verdict: A
Full price or Sale?: I'm holding out for 2nd cut sale

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I love it when you review Anthro. The Refined Cord and Vapor Rise dress are my picks. Do you think you could review some boots?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the reviews. I have tried on most of those clothes, and nothing looks awful on you - it's great to see what something looks like in real life. I think it's great to try on so many clothes...because you don't want something that just fits, you want a great color, and it has to have that "it" feeling haha. Also, thank you for finding the Painted Night Skirt that I requested. I just got it in size 4 (sale!). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,

    Which boots would you like me to review? Have any caught your eye?
    I really wish my Anthro had shoes in their store! I usually just buy the shoes/boots online and if they don't work, I just return them. I am going to be going to the San Francisco Anthro, which I believe carries shoes, for my Birthday in the beginning of December, so I can review shoes then too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, you did try so many things. Thank you for doing this. It's always great to see things on someone else. Of course, everything looks so good on you!
    I did get the Refined Cord shirtdress in red myself and I love it. I hightly recommend it. I also got the D'armee, couldn't wait for sale :( But I already wore it twice, so it seems it was a good choice.
    I follow your blog through blogloving and I always look forward to your reviews.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your reviews. How many items do they let you take in at once as some pics seem to have an entire store behind you in the fitting room?!

    The red refined cord shirtdress is just stunning against your hair and complexion. I hope you get that one if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - reviews! Tons of them, and so much that I wanted to see! Thank you! Glad you scored the Manor Gates dress - it's beautiful. I LOVE the Vapor Rise dress on you - killer and professional all at once. The Refined Cord dress and the Southward Stop are gorgeous, I'd order in a second, but I fear what always seems to happen to me with Anthro's shirt dresses - too high waists. I've never had any luck having a dress end at my real waist (thinking of you, Two-Wheeler). Same with the Au Fait Sweater....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your reviews! Everything looked great on you! I loved the Southward and Refined Cord dresses the best. I hope you got those.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You went all out. I love the third outfit especially! Anthropologie makes such wonderful clothes - love your selections!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your reviews. You do an EXCELLENT job. Hands down the best! You look great. Keep up the fantastic reviews!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Elizabeth,
    I LOVE LOVE your reviews. I'm putting your blog on my top list of anthro reviews. Thank you for doing such an excellent job. You look so gorgeous in all the outfits too. On the Maeve's Southward Shop Shirtdress. you can also buy it on Ebay. I bought mine from there even before it came out online. Pretty good price too, less then half. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your reviews are by far the best of all Anthropologie-related blogs I read. Thank you so much for the links! Keep up the amazing job, it`s truly spectacular!! :)

    ps. Do you think you could review the All Along Knit Jacket by Cartonnier?

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Refined Cord Dress looks perfect on you, especially in that shade of red. It's gorgeous with your coloring.

    Thanks for reviewing the Flowing Cables Skirt, it's good to know it's such an odd fit. It's probably a good thing my wishlist is one item smaller now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone! If there's something that you want me to add to my reviews, let me know! You all have made my day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will review the All Along Knit Jacket next time I go into Anthro, which most likely will be next week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Manor Gates looks awesome on you. I tried one on in my size last week but it didn't look special on me, so I bought the Pittore Dress instead. You're giving me second thoughts now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. how in the world did you still find a Southward Stop dress in stock? I love it! Great reviews - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks LC! I just ordered the Pittore Dress and well. I reviewed it awhile back and fell it love! You should give the Manor Gates dress another try. It's stunning!

    Peggy, Thanks! My local Anthro had a ton of these in stock, which they had been sold out for awhile now. I'm not sure if this means that online will get more too! Hope so because the dress in beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, I LOVE the Floreat's Manor Gates Dress, but I got size 0 (convinced by the sales lady) and never got to actually wear it - too tight.
    I'm so bummed.
    I wonder if you by any chance want to sell yours (you've mentioned you wear size 2) if you still have it. e-mail me at sa_sourire on yahoo if you do. Thanks! Dinah

    ReplyDelete