Babergh Dress Styling! Win an Anthro Gift Card!

9:10 AM

My question to you is, how would you wear the Babergh Dress to an Anthro holiday party?

I was invited to a holiday Anthro party this coming up Sunday. I won't have the Mullany Dress, Rensselaer T-Traps in time but I might have the  Waffle Weave Dress and Anticipation Heels in time to wear (I just contacted Anthro to see if they could rush the order, but haven't heard back), so I was thinking of wearing the Babergh Dress. If you have another suggestion for me to wear, let me know. I also really love Burlapp's Bold Boutonniere Dress, so you could style this as well.

So, here's the contest. Style the Babergh Dress for me (or another dress or outfit) and if I pick your outfit to wear to the party, you will win a $25 Anthro gift card!

You can layer with different pieces or just be simple and classic...whatever you feel.



Here are the contest rules
1. Go to Polyvore and create a set with the Babergh Dress (or another dress if you would like). Include items such as shoes, tights and accessories. It's okay if you pick shoes or accessories on Polyvore that I don't have in my closet. I can substitute it for something similar. If you want to make sure I have a certain dress or item before you start, post a comment and I will let you know.

2. Become a follower of my blog either by clicking the "Follow" link of the right side of the page or by "Liking Me" on Facebook which is located on the top the page.

3. Once you make your Polyvore set, copy and paste the link in a comment on this post so I can look at it. Make sure to include your email address so I can contact you if you win. (If I had more time, I would have you vote on which set you think is the best. Next time I will do the contest this way).

4. This content ends on Friday, November 5th, 2010 at 11:59pm (PDT).

5. You can enter as many times as you want. The more you enter, the better chance you have to win. If you don't want to make a set, you can always leave a comment and tell me which set you like the best.

*As for now, it's for US residents only. I'm not sure how I would buy an international gift card and ship it. If anyone knows how to buy an international Anthropologie gift card, please let me know.

Thanks in advance and I can't wait to see what you come up with!

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Great idea! I just got this dress today so am definitely looking for creative ideas on how to style it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I styled it very simply b/c I think the dress already has a lot of intricate detailing and it would be very easy to overkill w/ accessories. I think you should be able to recreate it easily since the pieces that I added are staples. Hope you like it!

    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/profile?id=1831492

    beanqueen1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly! Love, love, love your set! I actually have the Seychelles Password Pump in Mustard so I could substitute for that. I really wanted the Seychelles Box Step Pump but it's sold out everywhere! Thanks for the great set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth, this is a great idea!
    I loved the Babergh Dress and there are so many ways to wear it.
    I paired it with a sweater for a chilly night and a coat if you dare to wear it as is :)
    I'm also a fan of adding color...orange and red would look lovely with this piece.

    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24602607

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth,
    That dress looks great with black ankle booties and a bold (maybe royal blue) sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How did I miss this contest?? I have no idea. I read your blog all the time. ANYWAYS. :-)

    Sorry the background on the coat is weird looking. Grr.

    I wanted the J. Crew coat to be the winter white color they have- i LOVE it so. And I think a winter white coat should be a staple in everyone's wardrobe. It's just so chic and hotness!

    It's a holiday party so you want to bling- no better time then now to do so, hence the silverish, embellished shoes. Some may say it could be too much with the dress itself, but I think it goes well together. The lace nude tights add some cover to your legs, but just enough.

    The earrings are so nice. Simple studs with glimmer.

    Hope you like it!

    http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_holiday_style/set?id=24656450

    ReplyDelete
  7. For my set, I would cover up the flowers on the shoulder of the dress and play up the purply-undertones of the dress by pairing it with a deep-plum cardigan & tights and accent with grey belt & shoes. Add a great statement necklace for extra sparkle! :-)
    http://www.polyvore.com/holiday_party/set?id=24656636

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey! I'm from Canada... the gift cards are able to be purchased in the U.S. and used in Canada. Is it okay if I enter your contest? I have the Babergh, too, and have a million ideas for how to dress it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog and I follow! Here is my outfit!

    http://www.polyvore.com/untitled/set?id=24660520

    im also a fb fan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh i almost forgot! My email is ericandjess623@gmail.com!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I commented on your other post about perhaps having the GC sent to Anthroholic (which she would use to buy me something through her personal shopping service) if I just happen to win it. I hope that is ok! I have styled 5 sets for you... I had too much fun with this challenge! Thank you for an awesome contest! Oh ya, I've been a follower for awhile now :) And my email address is carlybrown82(at)hotmail.com

    Here are the sets:

    1 - http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_set/set?id=24668695

    2 - http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_set/set?id=24667822

    3 - http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_set/set?id=24660915

    4 - http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_set/set?id=24658586

    5 - http://www.polyvore.com/babergh_set/set?id=24658262

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving everyone's sets! Thanks so much for sending these over! Again, if I don't have all the pieces to wear with your set on Sunday, you could still be a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simple, yet classic. What a fun idea. A way to play dress-up for adults without leaving home!

    http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=24676403

    nosillayo@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I chose a different dress because I am obsessed with it...hope you like!!
    http://www.polyvore.com/spinning_lace/set?id=24677431

    jackimiller@ballstate.bsu.edu

    ReplyDelete
  15. This has to be the most entertaining contest ever. I probably spent over an hour on polyvore just browsing and assembling and then reassembling. I also follow your blog through google friend connect (with the same userid as my email). Thank you kindly for the chance! And here is my outfit suggestion: http://www.polyvore.com/soft_night_gaze/set?id=24678806

    Have a great time at the party!

    theredcloak [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Here's another set suggestion for the Bold Boutonniere option: http://www.polyvore.com/fiesta_fun/set?id=24679770

    I wasn't sure if the stripes on the skirt were a dark subtle yellow or not so hence the tights :)

    theredcloak [at] gmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for participating everyone! I love ALL your sets. It's going to be so hard to choose. Some items I do not have and can't substitute but that doesn't mean you can't or won't win. I will try and replicate the winners outfit as best as I can! Winner will be announced soon!

    ReplyDelete